Forums

Five Common Christian Misconceptions About God

• Sat 12th Jan 2019 - 4:32am
    As a full-time Christian counselor, I hear lots of perspectives from people on how they view God,7 Minute Mindfulness Review His character and motives. What follows is a list of the most common misconceptions people have voiced to me when they come in for counseling. Some might read this and view one or more of these as truths and not wrong thinking at all, but that's what makes this list interesting! Sickness and strongholds are "thorns in the flesh". Paul uses this term in the 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 passage in reference to the Lord telling him that the source of the torment, which is unclear, would not be removed because God's grace was enough and His power was being manifest in Paul's weakness. We believe there are so many other scriptures that indicate that this is not a reference to a sickness or emotional affliction. Jesus came to set us free from these, healed all who came to him for healing and is not the one putting them on us! God will set them free or heal them when He is ready. The bible took up our infirmities and our diseases to the cross and by his stripes we were healed (1 Peter 2:24). Our healing (and power over demons) was taken care of in the spirit realm so it is up to us to appropriate it and see it manifest in the natural. As John Wimber heard the Lord tell him one time, "Don't ever beg me for healing again, John. The problem is not on my end." https://spontaneousreview.com/7-minute-mindfulness-review/

Please register or login to post forum replies